2009 Ford F-250Change Vehicle
of the 2009 Ford F‑250 base trim shown
From the Cars.com Vehicle Test Team
- Best available tow ratings for any pickup, up to 24,500 pounds
- Wide range of interior styles
- New information display mode tells when diesel particulate filter is regenerating
- Improved ride quality, lower noise levels
- Little features like front step, supplemental cab heater
- The 6.8-liter V-10 gas engine offers diesel-like performance
- Base V-8 power is underwhelming
- Better performance expected from 6.4-liter Power Stroke diesel V-8
- Gimmicky flames on Harley-Davidson model
- No exhaust brake for the 6.4-liter Power Stroke diesel V-8
- Cabela's FX4 package
- Harley-Davidson F-450 model
- Available factory spray-on bedliner
- More standard equipment on FX4
- Ford Work Solutions and Ford Sync
The Super Duty is one of the more playful trucks on the market, with three interesting theme packages: King Ranch, Harley-Davidson and the new Cabela's edition. The Super Duty is available in regular cab, SuperCab and crew cab in either 4x2 or 4x4 drivetrain. The regular cab comes only with a 8-foot cargo bed, while the other two cabs can be ordered with either an 8-foot or 6.75-foot bed.
The F-350 SuperCab long bed and crew cab long bed can be ordered with dual rear wheels. The F-450 comes only in crew cab long bed with DRW. Ford continues with its familiar trim level offerings: XL, XLT, FX4 and Lariat.
The Super Duty series boasts the highest payload and tow ratings for non-commercial trucks. A properly equipped F-250 can carry 3,200 pounds and tow more than 16,000 pounds. The F-350 goes up to 5,700 and 18,400 pounds, respectively. The F-450 can carry three tons of payload and has a maximum tow rating of 24,500 pounds (with a fifth wheel).
New for 2009
The Super Duty was redesigned for the 2008 model year. For 2009, Super Duty trucks get the new F-150's electronic features, including Ford Work Solutions, a collection of technologies that help businesses keep track of tools and projects; hands-free, voice-activated Sync; and voice-activated navigation with Sirius Travel Link.
The Cabela's special edition pickup is based on the offroad-inspired FX4 trim. Ford says more than 75 percent of F-Series owners hunt or fish, so Cabela's package is ... Read more
2004-13 Ford, Lincoln Trucks, SUVs with Idle Problems
Vehicles affected by this service bulletin: 2004 Ford F-150 2005 Ford F-150 2006 Ford F-150 2007 Ford F-150 2008 Ford F-150 2009 Ford F-150 2010 Ford F-1 Read more
We know times are tough, but if you need a new truck, you need a new truck -- especially if you depend on one to make a living. But remember, life isn't just work. It might be ... Read more
2018 Chicago Auto Show: 4 Things Truck Fans Can't Miss
CARS.COM — The 2018 Chicago Auto Show opens to the public Saturday and pickup trucks are a centerpiece of many automakers' displays, reflecting the increasing importance ... Read more
Just purchsed but a great value and what I was aft
I think the size and design/features I was after were met with this F250. So far, I'm pleased and hope to be for many years to come. Read full review
Too many problems
Truck had to many problems and the dealer would only do a cash sale, unfortunately it would cost me too much to have everything fixed. Read full review